Genius at star-creation Arnold Stiefel of Steifel Entertainment invested a year in positioning and packaging her perfectly. She has been on the cover of Rolling Stone and Harper's Bazaar. Here are details in the New York Post.
But the know-how on how to become a brandname is already out there. If you are determined, you can embark on a DIY program for that. You might not become a Paris Jackson. But you will have acquired the presence to get of the goodies of life you want.
Here are some the of the must-dos:
- Have a sad story. Suicide, scandal or even plain-vanilla adversity are all okay. Paris has tried suicide a number of times. I didn't get to play in the big leagues until I had lost my business, nest egg and mind. I let that be widely known as an early adopter in blogging and among the first ones to use ebooks
(http://lawandmore.typepad.com/files/geezerguts-139.pdf) Opportunity after opportunity fell into my lap.
Be seen in the right places. Yes, location matters, even in a virtual era. There is a reason why the ambitious pay about 80% of their compensation for rent in metro areas like Manhattan and San Francisco. No, you don't have to have public relations agencies arrange for you to have a brandname eat with you at a top restaurant. But you must be visible around town. Get leadership positions in high-profile organizations. And, as the adage goes, never eat lunch alone.
- Work social media, especially interacting with other folks' content. That includes commenting, sharing, liking and linking. LinkedIn Updates is a must hangout.
- Break through functional silos in your professional life. If you are in IT, befriend marketing, human resources and public relations. Research in networking shows that most job opportunities come from outside your usual networks.
- Use gimmicks. I got in to a network in a financial services firm by offering to parachute in the diet cola
- Forget ego. On the way to stardom you will be rebuffed many times. So?
Currently, I have rebuilt my business and brand through fresh points of view on social networks and in social media. Others notice. I attract new lucrative assignments.
Place your sponsored content and links on Jane Genova's syndicated sites.
Inbound links range from Bloomberg to Bing to AOL.
High rankings on Google.
Complimentary Consultation firstname.lastname@example.org.